Tuesday, March 22, 2016

19-week update! Baby kicks!!!

I now understand what all my friends and family were talking about when they told me how amazing it is to feel your babe move inside of you...because I finally felt some movement!!! Yesterday - March 21st - AKA: the absolute best day of my pregnancy so far.

People have been asking me for probably 3 weeks if I've felt any flutters, kicks, movement, etc. I'm pretty sure I gave most people a concerned/confused face and answered with an ambiguous "nooooo?" Of course, they all assured me that I would feel something soon. While I never actually felt worried about not feeling anything yet, I just really wanted to, dang it!

Yesterday afternoon, while relaxing after work, I felt a KICK. I was so surprised that I didn't believe it right away. But, I put my hand on my belly where I felt it and sure enough I felt another one right away!!! This was not indigestion. This was not a rumbly, hungry tummy. It was our babe! Sayin' hi!!!

I instantly burst into tears. I cannot express to you how happy I felt in that moment! Right away I called my mom and husband to tell them. They were just as excited as I was! 

Since then I have been feeling flutters and kicks like crazy. She is sure making herself known in there! An active little thing already.



How far along? 
19 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain: 7 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes!!! I can get away with some non-maternity, but most of them just don't look/fit right...
Stretch marks? None, yet!
Sleep: Sleeping great still
Best moment this week: Movement! Oh my goodness!!!
Miss anything? Kind of missing sushi lately...
Movement: So much!!! It really is the coolest feeling in the world. 
Food cravings: Pickles, pickle juice (wish I were kidding), french fries, anything terrible for me :)
Have you started to show yet? The bump is a-growin'!
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On 
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!
Weekly wisdom: Take photos, journal, document those special moments any way you can
Looking forward to: Drew being able to feel her kicks :)

Hope you guys enjoyed this BUMPdate! Nursery transformation post coming soon!!!

Lots of love,
- Kace

No comments:

Post a Comment