Sunday, August 14, 2016

Lavender & Gold Nursery


At 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I am finallyyyyy getting around to making a post dedicated to baby girl's nursery. I had already filmed a "Nursery Tour" for my YouTube channel (linked at the end of this post if you're interested!), but I figured I should probably take some nice photos to remember and document everything as well. Enjoy! :)

I should probably show some photos of what the room looked like before its transformation... It was serving as a guest room, complete with a paint color that I didn't necessarily want to keep, and some carpet that, well, had to go. Once I convinced Drew that the room needed a makeover, he suddenly had tunnel vision and went to work one Sunday afternoon after church. He pulled out all the carpet and got one coat of paint on the walls in just one night! My hero. :)






We chose a vinyl flooring from Lowe's to replace the carpet, knowing that it would be nice and durable for a kiddo's room.  Drew was originally going to install it himself, but we ultimately hired Lowe's to do the job. And boy, was that worth it. It took the professional installer EIGHT hours. I can only imagine how long it would have taken us...

Drew also painted all the trim and baseboards! I just love how it turned out.

Now, time to decorate. :)



I knew I wanted to do a gallery wall of sorts above the dresser. It took me probably 5 months to collect all the pieces I ended up using. They are a combination of thrifted, crafted and new. The beautiful canvas in the middle was handmade by my mother, and I still can't get over it!



Our dresser is serving as the changing station, per advice from multiple moms, who told us we wouldn't use an actual changing table for much longer than the first few months. So, we killed two birds with one stone and saved some money! This dresser was handed down/gifted from a dear friend. It was originally a dark wood, which isn't necessarily my style, but it had so much character, so we had to make it work! I sanded & painted it, and changed out the hardware for the knobs, which I found at Hobby Lobby.



Another Hobby Lobby find - this precious shelf! Which I decided to use as a display for some of her cutest shoes. :)




Ahhhh, the glider and ottoman! A sweet and generous gift from Drew's parents. It is THE most comfortable spot in our house, truly. And my mom made that floral pillow for a little pop of color.







I've had this white shelf from Marshall's for years and years. I felt I needed to use it in the nursery, since it matched so nicely! The knobs were silver so I painted them gold to match even more. :)




A little nighttime station, complete with the cutest teethers, pacifiers for easy access, a goodnight book and the sweetest bunny nightlight.



From the beginning of this process, I knew I wanted a fabric garland to hang above the crib. My sweet, amazing and talented mother made my vision come to life! We picked out the fabric together and she made the rest happen. I'm just in love with it!


I'm also in love with the crib! It was a wonderful gift from my parents. I can't wait to see our little cutie sleeping in there!


Drew's mom is the sweetest, and made our Logan girl her first quilt!!! Eeeeek! It is wonderfully perfect and precious.


My mom ALSO helped me with these personalized letters! She's quite the lifesaver.


I knew I wanted an "open-concept" closet. Those closet doors tend to be loud and clunky, and I didn't want to have to mess with them. So, we hung some light and airy curtains from Ikea for decoration. & some purple lights! Why not?! :)



And you can always use a little extra storage...

We had SO much fun putting this all together. Hope you enjoyed!

Here is the link to the YouTube video I mentioned: Lavender & Gold Baby Girl Nursery

Until next time! ;)

- Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment