Monday, February 6, 2017

Always Redecorating

Hi, friends!

I recently got a "bug" to update our living room... I have always loved redecorating and rearranging spaces, even when I lived in a 700 sq ft apartment. Drew and I were starting to think about making our living room a bit more kid-friendly, so I started thinking about ways I could change it in a way that would still allow for some style.

Here's what I've done so far. It's still a work-in-progress, buuuuuut...check out where we started in the photo below...

I took this the week we moved into the house - almost THREE years ago already!
As much as I love that table - it was handed down to us from my parents - I wanted to update the space. A hard, glass top doesn't seem like the best idea with a curious baby who will be mobile in a few months. 

I opted for a storage bench in this funky print. It's perfect because it provides seating if we need extra and I can toss all of Logan's toys in there when we have company! (I believe it is sold out in this print but the same exact style is available in another beautiful navy print.)

This floor pillow offers more seating as well, but mostly I just fell in love with the print and texture. Plus, it's soft! Another plus for baby proofing the house.

I love mixing textures and patterns.
Similar pillows here and here.

I found this sweet fringe basket to store some of Logan's blankets.

I'd like to paint this frame... any ideas for color? I'm thinking white. Is a white frame for a white print weird?


This lamp was a fun little upcycle project! I've had it for probably 8 years, and I thought it was time for an update. I already had this chrome/copper colored spray paint, and I found this perfect lamp shade to go with it. I really think it fills the space perfectly. Hopefully we can find a way to attach it to the wall so there won't be any babies pulling it over on themselves. :)

I will probably do a couple more related posts coming up, becaaaauuuuse - we are doing even MORE updates to this area. Some big ones! But I'll let you be surprised. :) Also, I plan on doing an entire post about how we "baby-proofed" the house once that's all finished.

Hope you enjoyed this little post on your Monday!

<3, Kace

No comments:

Post a Comment