Sunday, May 14, 2017

To the one who made me a Mother

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the amazing mothers out there! To the all of the moms in my life who helped mold me into the mom and person I am today, to those waiting to be a mama - whether it's via pregnancy, adoption, surrogacy, etc. - in hopes that your long awaited prayers will soon be answered, to step moms, mother figures, pet moms, anyone who shows unconditional love for another being - - Happy HAPPY Mother's Day to YOU!

Now, for some sappiness toward the peanut who made me a mama. :)


Miss Logan Kathleen.

I can hardly find the words to describe how much I adore you. And, to be honest, it breaks my heart a little knowing that you will not fully comprehend my love for you until you have children of your own someday. But, in the meantime, I promise to tell you every day how much I love you.


The moment they placed you on my chest for the first time, my heart grew a million sizes. I knew, from that moment on, I had to be my best self for you.



The 40 weeks and 6 days that I waited to meet you were the longest and most exciting days. I couldn't wait to see your face, kiss your toes, hear your cry and comfort you.


The first few days after you were born were a blur. I don't remember much except trying to get used to having an entire new life in our home. Someone we were constantly fawning over. All we did in those beginning days was make sure you were comfortable, happy, full, dry, rested, snuggled and loved. 




Then, slowly but surely, you became my best friend.




Life is WAY more fun with you in it, Lo.


Thank you for making me a mama. Thank you for teaching me to enjoy the little things in life. Thank you for your huge smiles every morning. Thank you for showing me how to be more selfless and giving. Thank you for challenging me in ways I never imagined. Thank you for helping me grow as a person, even though I figured I was done growing years ago. Thank you for being the cutest sidekick possible. Thank you for letting me dress you up, sometimes... :)

Your goofiness, sassiness, strength, independence, intelligence, friendliness and strong will are everything I hoped for and MORE in a daughter. We are so lucky that God chose us to be your parents.

<3, Kace

No comments:

Post a Comment